Little Eaton Local History Society

scan0002 (2) Facebook circle blue small TNLHLF_Colour_Logo_English_RGB_0_0

The Lelhs Logo

Designed by Henry Fletcher the Lelhs Logo consists of three parts, the blue river representing water, the millstone representing stone and the crossed keys.



The name Little Eaton originated from Anglo Saxon times and means the little town by the water.



For many years the main industry in the area was quarrying and the village is still surrounded by many disused quarries.


Crossed Keys

“Little Eaton's greatest son" Thomas Bates was born on the 29th June 1844. The 29th of June is the Feast of St Peter and St Paul and it is written in the bible (Matthew 16 v15-20) that Christ entrusted Peter his disciple with the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven.

scan0002 (2)