The construction of The Lychgate was commissioned as a war memorial in 1920 and dedicated at a ceremony in 1922. Various photographs of this event are shown below. The vicar present was the father of the late T.P.Cameron Wilson. Other village “notables” present were Percy Currey, G.T.Thums, Joe Chamberlain, Bill Piggs and L.P.Ward. The names of the men killed in the Second World War were added later. The Lychgate is now a Grade II listed building.